2015 NBA Draft Prospect: Justise Winslow
Name: Justise Winslow
- Strength 1 — Athleticism: Winslow is an elite athlete that can get out and run to create offense on the break while also having the wiggle to get by his defender and get to the basket.
- Strength 2 — Defense: Being a tenacious defender isn’t something you can teach, its all about will and Winslow has that. He can stay in front of the ball handler, has great hands and has also shown the ability to block shots.
- Strength 3 — Ceiling: As we talked about, Winslow comes in with the defensive mindset you want to see but offensively he is still developing. The sky is the limit for him and NBA teams love teachable players with his type of tools and skill set.
- Weakness 1 — Playmaking: Winslow has endless talent but is far from being known as a floor general. He is able to get by his defender but finding the open man or the “better shot” is the next step in his development.
- Weakness 2 — Shooting: While he was 41.1% from 3pt range last season, he isn’t an accomplished shooter. He is better as a spot up shooter and has to work on his pull-up shooting while on the move.
NBA Player Comparison: Jimmy Butler
Projected Draft Position: